The ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice Gundam (or Infinite Justice Gundam) is the successor to the ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam . Introduced in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, it will be piloted by Asran Zala for the duration of its use.
Developed as the successor to the ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam, the ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice Gundam also incorporates technology from ZAFT's Second Stage series like the Variable Phase Shift armor. Adjustments were made based on battle data and Asran Zala's style, making Infinite Justice his dedicated Mobile Suit. The close combat capability of the Infinite Justice is superior to that of its predecessor and is armed with a number of unique weapons like leg beam blades and a carrier beam shield which is a combination of a shield to beam, a beam boomerang and a grappling hook.
The Justice has a flight unit on it that can be deployed as a separate support/sub-flight unit. The Fatum-01 is an upgraded version of Justice's original Fatum-00 with higher overall performance, it is armed with a pair of Beam Cannons and multiple Beam Blades. The MS can dock with the METEOR unit for extra firepower and speed, and can fire at multiple enemy units simultaneously using the Multi Lock-On system. As with the Justice, the Infinite Justice is designed to work with another MS, in this case the Strike Freedom, and it is stationed aboard the battleship Eternal. Like the ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam, the Infinite Justice is equipped with Neutron Jammer Canceller, Hyper-Deuterion Engine, and has joints and inner frame made of PS armor materials.
The Hyper-Deuterion Engine is a new type of nuclear reactor and due to its massive production, the Justice has extremely high mobility and maneuverability. Meanwhile, phase shifting its joints and inner frame with PS armor materials gives them human-like strength and flexibility while enhancing the machine's combat capabilities. Furthermore, the Infinite Justice is able to discharge excess residual energy in the body through the glowing effect of the joints, which is silver in color instead of gold like the Strike Freedom. The Infinite Justice features a shorter V-fin than its predecessor, as the sensor performance inside the head ridge has been greatly improved.
Developed using data from the ZGMF-09A Justice Gundam's Fatum-00, the Fatum-01 is designed later than the main body of the Infinite Justice as it is equipped with the "Griffin 2" beam blades, while the legs of the MS only has "Griffon" beam blades. Fatum-01 has more mobility and speed than Fatum-00 due to new moveable wings and thrusters. Like its predecessor, Fatum-01 improves the mobility of the MS and serves as a flight pack in the atmosphere, it is also detachable and can operate independently through its AI system or be remote controlled. In this form, it can serve as a separate support unit or as a sub-flight unit. The unit also has two foldable handles on the underside, allowing Justice or other MS to grab and hold onto the Fatum-01. The Fatum-01 is armed with two MA-6J "Hyper Fortis" Beam Cannons, two MR-Q17X "Griffon 2" Beam Blades, one MA-M02G "Super Lacerta" Beam Saber and two bundle "Preface Lacerta" MA-M02S. However, the last two weapons can only be used once the Fatum-01 is detached from the Mobile Suit.
- Hyper Deuterion Engine
Like the other new Gundams, the Infinite Justice is powered by a Hyper-Deuterion Engine, a hybrid of the Nuclear Reactor with the Deuterion Beam Energy Transfer System. This means that the MS is nuclear powered and has sufficient power to use the METEOR unit.
- Neutron Jammer Canceller
As with the other four ZGMF-X series Gundam units produced during this time, the Infinite Justice is equipped with a Neutron Jammer Canceller (N-Jammer Canceller) device, which neutralizes the effects of ubiquitous neutron jammers and which allows these MS to be powered by nuclear reactors to use a nuclear fission reactor, additionally powering the Hyper Deuterion Engine. This gives them almost unlimited combat stamina, even with Phase Shift armor enabled.
- Operating System
The Justice uses the Generation Unsbdued Nuclear Drive Assault Mode complex operating system.
- Multi Lock-On System
As the name suggests, this unique system allows the Justice to target multiple enemies and attack them simultaneously. To effectively use this system, the pilot must have a high spatial awareness capability, which is rare even among Coordinators . This system can also be used when the Justice is docked to the METEOR unit, which is the only time Asran uses this system.
- Variable Phase Shift Armor
An upgraded version of Phase Shift Armor, VPS Armor is able to automatically change its strength, as well as color and power consumption in the field, though this must be programmed beforehand.
- METEOR Unit
Like its predecessor, the Justice, the Infinite Justice can dock with the METEOR unit, a large mobile weapons platform with powerful thrusters and an even more powerful weapon of battleship-caliber beam cannons, large beam swords and dozens of heavy missile launchers.
- MMI-GAU26 17.5mm Twin CIWS: One set on each side of the head, they are primarily used to shoot down missiles and enemy units at close range. Thanks to improvements in CIWS ammunition, they have a higher muzzle velocity, better armor-piercing ability, and friction is reduced due to a new coating. All of these increase stopping power by 25% while ammo capacity is increased by 20% due to their smaller size
- MMI-M19L 14mm Twin CIWS: A pair is mounted on the torso, they are an improved version of those used on the TFA-4DE GAZuOOT. Like head-mounted ones, their primary use is to intercept nearby missiles and units.
- MA-M02G "Super Lacerta" Beam Saber: The primary close combat weapon of the MS, a pair of these are mounted on the side skirt armour. They are also used by the ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam , and are an upgraded version of those used by the ZGMF-X09A Justice and ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam . Both sabers can be combined into a double-edged saber, and this form is known as the "Ambidextrous Halberd". The Justice is usually seen using the sabers in this form.
- MA-M1911 High-Energy Beam Rifle: A greatly improved version of the MA-M20 "Lupus" Beam Rifle used by the ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam, it can be stowed on the rear valance when not in use.
MX2002 Carrier Beam Shield: Hand-held or mounted on the left forearm, it is a strong shield that can generate a beam shield and is equipped with two other offensive weapons, making it capable of both defending and attacking . The shape of the shield can be changed in order to mount other weapons.
- EEQ8 Grapple Stinger: One of two offensive weapons mounted in the shield, it is a grappling hook type claw that is fired with a cable. It can be used in multiple ways, for example, aiming at a target at a certain distance, capturing a target using the claw or holding a target using the attached cable.
- RQM55 "Shining Edge" Beam Boomerang: Second offensive weapon mounted in the shield, it has two functions. It can initially function as a beam boomerang that can move through space as well as through the atmosphere, as its motion is due to the interaction between the beam blade's force field and surrounding matter. Second, it can function as a carried or shield-mounted beam saber.
- MR-Q15A "Griffin" Beam Blade: Weapons unique to this MS are the "Griffon" MR-Q15A, one mounted in each lower leg. When activated, a beam blade is generated between the knee and the foot, it is used during kicks and can deflect barrages. This melee weapon is taken from the operations logs of the GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam , and can only be used effectively by a highly skilled pilot, such as Asran Zala.
- MA-6J "Hyper Fortis" Beam Cannon: A pair of rapid-fire cannons mounted on the Fatum-01 module, these are Infinite Justice's only ranged weapons. They are an improved version of the 3fortis" equipped on the Fatum-00.
- MA-M02G "Super Lacerta" Beam Saber: Installed on the nose of Fatum-01, this weapon is identical to the sabers fixed on the hips. Usable only when the Fatum-01 is detached from the Gundam and used as a support unit, it activates when it hits its target.
- MA-M02S "Preface Lacerta" Beam Saber: Mounted on the back of the "Hyper Fortis" beam cannons, they are usable when the Fatum-01 is detached from the Justice and after the cannons have flipped 180°. They are considered secondary weapons, and like the Nose Beam Saber, they are deployed when the Fatum-01 rams into its target.
- MR-Q17X "Griffin 2" Beam Blade: Mounted on the Fatum-01, one blade per wing. This armament is similar to the sabers used by the Gaia Gundam.
- MMI-714 "Arondight" Beam Sword: A weapon stolen by Asran from the ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam in the Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: The Edge manga using the Grapple Stinger. Despite its name, this beam sword is actually a combination of a physical blade and a beam blade. Asran used it with the Fatum-01 to destroy the Requiem in the manga.
There are several theories regarding the development history of ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice. One theory is that the basic MS design was created by ZAFT's Integrated Design Office, but was later stolen by the Clyne Faction, or its Terminal ally, and then modified and produced. Although the model number of the completed machine was the same as the original design, it was a very different product. ZAFT used Asran's combat data when designing the Infinite Justice, as he was the pilot of the ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam. Likewise, his data was also used when the design was modified after the flight by Clyne Faction/Terminal, with Kira Yamato, who played a leading role in its development, cooperating with his ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam, much like their two predecessors did during the First Alliance-PLANT War.
THE Infinity Justice made her combat debut in the latter part of the Second Alliance-PLANT War, arriving on Earth with the ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam during ZAFT's invasion of Orb. It was delivered to Asran Zala personally by Lacus Clyne, who piloted the Justice through atmospheric re-entry and landed in the Archangel's MS hangar. After speaking with Lacus, Asran took off in the Justice to support Kira in the Strike Freedom, which was battling against both the ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam and the ZGMF-X666S Legend Gundam. During the battle, Asran managed to sever Destiny's wrist, despite not having fully recovered from his wounds.
In the Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: The Edge manga, Asran's injuries prevented him from fully utilizing Infinite Justice, and he suffered a one-sided strike from Destiny.
Following the use of the Requiem superweapon by ZAFT, the Tri-Ship Alliance launched an attack on Station Requiem One, led by the METEOR-equipped Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice. Once the two MS bypassed ZAFT's defenses, they used their METEOR's swords to cut Requiem Station One in half, rendering it inoperative. Immediately afterwards, the Justice took part in the Battle of Messiah, the final battle of the war, where Asran single-handedly disabled Lunamaria Hawke's ZGMF-X56S/α Force Impulse Gundam and ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam, before attacking. use Fatum-01's beam sabers and blades by throwing it to cripple LHM-BB01 Minerva by destroying the ship's engines. Finally, Asran used the Fatum-01, with the help of ranged weapons from Mu La Flaga's ORB-01 Akatsuki Gundam, to destroy the Requiem superweapon. When the battle ended, the Infinite Justice rescued Shinn and Lunamaria from the lunar surface.
The fight of Infinite Justice against Destiny in the manga Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: The Edge is represented differently. When Asran and the Archangel split from the Eternal to attack the Requiem, he keeps his METEOR mounted. As they approach Requiem, the Minerva fires from behind, while Shinn uses this diversion to detach from one of the METEOR's arms. Unable to fight Shinn with the METEOR attached to his MS, Asran unties the unit and engages the Destiny. With its superior speed, Destiny can sever Infinite Justice's right arm. As Shinn fires the Destiny Cannons, Asran knocks Shinn out with the Beam Blades on the Infinite Justice's legs and breaks up their fight to bypass the Requiem barrier. When Shinn pursues Asran in the Requiem, Asran grabs Destiny's sword with the grappling hook. Asran then sends Fatum-01 and the Sword into the Requiem's core to destroy the superweapon. Enraged by the Requiem's destruction, Shinn attempts to attack Asran, but Lunamaria intervenes with the Impulse and comes between them. Seeing that Shinn was going to attack Lunamaria anyway, Asran slashes Destiny's hands with Justice's leg blades, sending Destiny crashing to the lunar surface.
Did you know?
- The Infinite Justice Gundam was to be called "Knight Justice Gundam", but this name will be changed during production. The original name will also be used later for a variant of the Justice Gundam, in the anime Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE.
- The head emblem of the ∞ Justice displays the text "X-19A DICIANNOVE", which means "Nineteen" in Italian and is a reference to the model number of the machine. However, like the Strike Freedom, the Infinite Justice in the third Opening has a different crest poster, "Giustizia Modificata", which translates to "Justice Modified" in Italian.
- The Infinite Justice is the only Asran-piloted MS that was never destroyed. The Aegis and the Justice were both self-destructed, the ZAKU Warrior he took from Armory One was badly damaged during atmospheric re-entry, the Savior was damaged by the Freedom rendering it beyond repair, and the GOUF Ignited that he stole was destroyed by Shinn Asuka when he and Meyrin Hawke tried to escape. The Infinite Justice, meanwhile, only lost its Fatum-01 backpack after Asran deployed it to strike directly at the Requiem's main gun, although the MS still managed to replace it later when 'they escorted Lacus Clyne to the PLANTs.
- The Infinite Justice is a little larger than the Strike Freedom, this difference is also found between the two MG kits.
- Although Asran recovered the Infinite Justice after deserting ZAFT, and therefore FAITH, there is a FAITH symbol on the MG decal sheet.
- The Infinite Justice was first seen using the Grapple Stinger EEQ8 in the opening scene of SEED Destiny Final Plus - The Chosen Future. This scene is later changed and added to the final battle between Justice and Destiny in the HD remaster.
- For Infinite Justice is given the nickname "Inja" by Japanese fans after the first characters of the unit's name. When written in kanji, Inja (隠者) means "hermit".
- There is some confusion as to the location of the MMI-GAU26 17.5mm twin barrel and the MMI-M19L twin 14mm machine guns. The MG kit manual shows that they are head and chest mounted respectively, but the source directories have changed position. However, since the MMI-M19L 14mm twin machine guns are mentioned as upgraded versions of those used by the GAZuOOT, which are chest-mounted, the positions given in the MG kit manual are more plausible.